Sunday, June 3, 2012

I Imagine a Future


                  “Lord, I love You, I adore You, I seek You. I long to be with You. I yearn to be where everyone recognizes You and loves You with every inch of themselves. It makes me very sad to see people walk right past You without acknowledging You, whether it is Your precious blood in the chalice, Your blessed presence in the Tabernacle, or Your awesome presence in every Catholic church in every town in every country throughout the world. You are everywhere and easily accessible and yet, people will drive by in their cars or walk on by without even a passing glance. That makes me sad.

                “I imagine a future where everyone is singing Your praises and worshiping You who is at the center of all creation. No one will ignore Your presence. We will all be joined together through Your Sacred Heart in one massive loving body, all together, honoring and adoring the holy Triune God, all three: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, in a symphony of love and ecstasy that no mere words can accurately describe. That surge of joy and elation that we sometimes feel now will infuse every one of us at all times all together.

                “As I contemplate this beautiful vision, I slowly breathe in Your presence, hold my breath for as long as possible with my eyes closed, and then reluctantly exhale in the reality of my present state. I humbly ask for patience to wait and for an open heart to prepare for this future. Lord, let me continue to love You, to adore You, and to seek You in everything I do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment