Sunday, June 10, 2012

Understanding with our Hearts and Souls


                “Oh dear Lord, to be in Your awesome presence, it is what my heart and soul desire. As I sit here before the Blessed Sacrament, I feel a mix of joy, humility, peace and fulfillment. My soul knows You are here but of course, my body wants to perceive Your presence with my outer senses. My eyes – I long to look into Your eyes. My ears – I long to hear the sound of Your loving voice. My hands – I long to touch Your hands and to feel the warmth and tenderness of Your touch. My nose – I long to breathe in Your scent, one I am sure is sweet and unforgettable. But all these senses are simply receptors sending information to my brain to help me understand what is right in front of me. Our senses do the mechanical work of interpreting information without any conscience effort on our part. It is how You made our bodies function.
                “Understanding with our hearts and souls, on the other hand, takes the greater effort. Our hearts and souls process all the external information from our senses and combine this with our thoughts and feelings through our conscience effort. You fill us with Your graces and love and we must allow our hearts and souls to absorb, reflect and transform us into the people You originally created in each and every one of us.
                “Oh dear Lord, it is a precious gift indeed, the gift of our souls and our lives. I pray that I will always remember that no matter what my body desires or tells me, it is my heart and soul that are the higher beings and that is who I must turn to because it is my heart and soul that turns to You. Fill my very soul with Your awesome presence through the Holy Spirit and the rest of my senses will be satisfied and satiated.”

No comments:

Post a Comment