Sunday, June 10, 2012

Empty Myself of Me


                  “Oh dear Lord, almighty loving God, empty myself of me. Like a spring cleaning, let me open the doors of my heart and soul, though I am not worthy, and invite You in. Please, purify me. Help me toss out all that I don’t need. Help me remove the things that block the windows to my soul so that Your light can shine both in an out, like the bright sun reflecting on a clear pool. I have gathered so many unnecessary things over the years; a love of myself, followed with a sense of pride and a bit if vanity. These things keep me from You, like obstacles in the room, so I can’t really see You or hear You or feel You. Help me remove them and set in their place my immense deep burning love for You. Let that be the center, the focal point within me. Let that love be surrounded with dear sweet humility that keeps the dust of pride and the haze of vanity down so the room stays clear. May the room of my soul be decorated with hope, faith, charity, gratitude, prudence, piety, virtue, humility, meekness, obedience, joy, patience, reverence, prayer and peace, but most of all, may it be infused with a great love that permeates all the senses. Let my intense passion be solely for You and may my desire be to do all that You ask and only that which makes You happy. May all that I do feed Your love for me like wood to the fire.
                “Enter in dear Lord and set my soul exactly as You want it. May I be one of Your creations that brings You great joy. May the room of my soul be prepared to receive You, my dear Lord. Enter in and rest a while here in the room that has been emptied of myself to receive all that You send.”

No comments:

Post a Comment