Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Power of Your Sacred Heart


                 “Here I am Lord, in awe and adoration that You have called me close to Your heart. I love You so much that at times, I feel my whole body and soul well up, inhale Your perfect presence, groan and then exhale such deep emotion from within my very core. Words do not adequately describe what I feel in my heart.
                “Your blessed Sacred Heart is Your precious gift to us. Thank You for loving us so purely. Thank You for loving us so completely, even those who don’t return Your love or those who aren’t even aware of Your great love. I see Your presence everywhere, in everyone, even in those who don’t live with You as their guide. I see them simply as people with blinders, ear muffs and thick jackets blocking their senses and keeping them from recognizing You in their lives. I hope and pray that one day the blinders, ear muffs and jackets will be removed and they will bask in Your warm loving light like people resting on a beach at peace, listening to the rhythm of the waves, watching the sun glistening on the water and feeling the bright sun warming their skin. Those whose journeys have been particularly rough, full of pits and valleys, rocks and thorns, death and despair; those people I truly want to see resting peacefully on the beach. Those people who hated themselves, who listened to the lies of the evil one, who thought they were unlovable; those are the ones I long to see resting on the beach, the sun gently drying their tears, placing rosy color on their hollow cheeks and sunken eyes. May they see their reflection in a pond of clear water and marvel at the beauty they see staring back at them. May they see the stunning person You originally created in them and may they see Jesus’ loving eyes of mercy staring back at them through their own eyes.
                “Oh Lord, call the souls of all Your people. Bring them home. Envelop them in Your loving embrace and fill them with Your love and mercy. Here I am Lord, in awe of the power of Your Sacred Heart.”

No comments:

Post a Comment