Sunday, June 3, 2012

This Morning I Rest in You


                 “Lord, this morning I rest with my head on Your blessed chest. I hear Your Sacred Heart beating rhythmically. I feel Your chest rise and fall with the peaceful motion of Your breaths. I melt into Your blessed chest in thanksgiving, praise and humility. You have lifted the burden of pain from which I recently suffered. Thank You for providing relief, even if it is only temporary.
                “I gladly suffer for You, for the souls of those departed. I gladly suffer for those lost souls here on earth who search for You but don’t know how to find You. I gladly suffer for those souls who have turned away from You; I pray that You will touch their hearts and call them back. I gladly suffer for those souls who don’t know You and who don’t even think of You; I pray You will set a flame to the dark coals in their hearts and ignite the love You originally placed in them. I gladly suffer for those souls considering a life of vocation for You; I pray that You will place in them the same trust and confidence in Your will that You placed in Mary. May they find their humble ‘fiat’ to answer Your call.
                “Oh Lord, I thank You for the relief of today, the lightness, the strength You have renewed in me. My head no longer throbs, now it floats like the clouds on a sunny day drifting across the sky. Thank you for calling me close to You in suffering. So this morning, I rest on You, I rest in You, I rest with You. Prepare my heart and soul for whatever Your next request may be. Set my disposition to obedience, submission, humility, joy, and love to say yes to whatever You ask. I love You Lord with all my heart, all my mind, all my body and all my soul. I am Yours and today I rest, strengthened by You.”

No comments:

Post a Comment