Sunday, June 3, 2012

Suffering and Illness


"My Lord, my God, today I fall at the foot of Your cross. I submit myself, mind, body heart and soul to Your ultimate will. As I watch those around me succumb to illness, I humbly ask to view this through Your eyes. Help me trust that each of these trials are an integral part of Your ultimate plan for all of us. May we respond to these trials with our hearts turned outward, not inward to our own desires, hopes and plans. May we joyfully participate in these sufferings in all ways You ask. May we see the comfort and happiness You feel when we willingly accept suffering, whether it be our own or through the suffering of those close to us. When we accept Your invitation to walk with You and to help You carry Your cross to Calvary, we express our deep love for You and You allow us to be close to You.
"Dear Lord, shower us with the graces we need to suffer well to support those around us and to accept the help and support of those around us. May Your Blessed Sacred Heart be opened once again through our suffering and may the beautiful light of Your love shine on us, illuminating our hearts and joining us to You."

No comments:

Post a Comment