Sunday, June 3, 2012

Missing My Spiritual Companions


               “Oh Lord, let my feet be planted deep in You and in Your immense love. I feel uncertain. I feel like all my supports have been removed and I am standing on a narrow bridge stretched across a vast canyon or gorge. I need to cross the great divide. I had my supporting people on either side until now.  I am left standing, balancing precariously on the planks. I see the goal at the end but I am afraid to keep walking. My arms are out to the side but they feel nothing.
               
“Lord, let me look up to You. Let me trust completely that I will hear Your voice to guide me forward. Let me trust that You will keep me upright and true, walking on the narrow bridge like Peter when he walked on water. Don’t let me waver in doubt. Let my faith in You match Your faith in me. I can do anything with You on my side. Let me feel Your loving touch on my shoulder, gently nudging me forward.
               
“All my friends and supporters will also be on their journeys and we will all be together at the end. We are all headed to the same destination. May our journeys strengthen us and prepare us to meet You, our dear Lord, at the banquet. May our journeys provide beautiful adornments for our wedding garments. May we be clothed in holiness. What does my garment look like? Is it pristine white? Does it have gold trim? Does it have sparkling jewels? May I keep this garment in mind on my journey. May I keep it clean, beautiful and full of things that are pleasing to God. How long did I prepare myself for my own wedding? May I spend my entire life preparing for the wedding banquet for Jesus.”

No comments:

Post a Comment