Sunday, June 3, 2012

I Welcome Loneliness


                “Lord, loneliness is a deep haunting feeling I used to dread. I like people so I rarely let myself be lonely. If I don’t have people around me, then I surround myself with the animals I love. But loneliness has a way of creeping into our hearts, even when we are in a crowd of people. I have felt the pains of loneliness in the midst of a conversation with many people and I used to dread its onset.
                “Now I understand that loneliness is just Your way of calling out to me. We are separated from You so our hearts long for our creator who formed us in great love. We constantly seek that love, so when we are surrounded by other things and other people, they fall short of our great need for Your love. When I feel lonely, I now hear Your voice calling to me, reminding me of how much I want to be with You and maybe how I have let other things busy my life and cloud my burning desire to be with You.
                “My loneliness is quenched when I spend time with You. Not just time with You, but true prayer with our hearts joined. Being like that with You gives me peace and joy. My heart literally flops in my chest. Sometimes I even find it hard to breathe when I know we are together. Oh Lord, Your love is what I crave, what I need and what I seek. If I am lonely, then it is time for me to turn away from everything for a while and be with You. When You send out a call of loneliness, may I immediately answer with my full heart, body and soul. I actually welcome the feeling of loneliness as it refocuses me to Your loving heart which is my heart’s desire.”

No comments:

Post a Comment