Sunday, June 24, 2012

Let us all Approach You with Humility and Gratitude


                “Oh my Lord, my God, my King, my Savior, my redeemer, my merciful loving Father, I open my heart and soul to You. I honor You, I worship You, I adore You, I give You all my thanks. I humbly bow my head and ask that our hearts be joined through Your Blessed Sacred Heart and through the sacred heart of Your dear mother.
                “Purify me so that we can be in communion. Forgive me dear Lord for the times I didn’t come to You with this same attitude. Forgive me for the times I approached the altar with my heart only partially revealed. Especially forgive me for the times I approached unworthily, closed, and unaware of what You wanted to give me.
                “Dear Lord, forgive those who are not here, exposing their hearts and souls to You, desperately asking for Your healing touch and loving embrace. Forgive those who have deliberately closed their hearts to You, those who have turned away from You and even mock You or say they don’t need You. Inflame in them Your great love through the Holy Spirit. Purify their hearts, wipe away their misunderstanding and draw them into Your Sacred Heart. Join us all together, like a great bonfire burning away all the unnecessary trappings we place on ourselves. Burn it all away and join us into one pure golden ring of love. Place us within Your body. Let us join our hearts to Yours and let us be lifted to a state where we can honor, worship and adore Your Father as You do. Oh dear Jesus, I humbly ask that You continue to reveal Your mercy to all Your people on earth. Even though we fail to grasp all that You offer, we can, with Your grace and mercy, continue to learn about You and grow in Your holy love.
Inflame us.
 Embrace us.
 Love us.
Turn our hearts to You
and to You alone.”

No comments:

Post a Comment