Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Gift of the Eucharist


                “Oh Lord, how precious is the gift of the Eucharist! It is a supreme moment of communion with You dear Lord which is our heart’s desire. We long to be with You. The Eucharist allows an intimate encounter with You. At that moment, when we take the Eucharist into our mouths, we are suddenly infused with Your presence. You instantly permeate our bodies, our outer shell, and seep into our very souls. At that moment, a great peace envelops my entire being. How awesome and precious is this gift You give us. To receive it on a daily basis…I have no adequate words of gratitude.
                “The times I can not attend daily mass are times of loneliness for me. I miss You on those days and seek You more in adoration, in reverent prayer, in everything I do. Forgive me for the times I took the Eucharist for granted, enjoying the great blessing and moment of communion but not recognizing it as a precious gift that needs to be received with great gratitude. Forgive me for assuming daily mass was always my choice. It is not just a choice, it is a gift from You Lord, and I am so grateful and lucky to receive it when I can. On days I can not, help me to wait in great hope and anticipation for when I can receive it again, like a young child waiting for Christmas morning. Thank You from the depths of my heart for Your awesome gifts of the Eucharist and the mass.”

No comments:

Post a Comment