Monday, May 21, 2012

Sing Praises to the Holy Spirit


                “Dear Lord, today I sing praises to the Holy Spirit. Thank You so much for this precious divine gift. The Holy Spirit fills my heart and soul and leads me to You, the Father, through the Son. The Holy Spirit knows me intimately, dwells deep within me at all times – good and bad, happy and sad. The Holy Spirit is the one I know and understand the least of the Trinity, yet the unnamed Holy Spirit is the one I consciously and subconsciously need to live, like the air I breathe. Without the Holy Spirit, my soul would wander lost and stumbling, gasping to breathe, desperately thirsting for healing water. Dear silent, invisible Holy Spirit, You surround me and infuse me like air. I cannot live without You. Holy Spirit, You lead me, You guide me, You comfort me, You fill me, You nourish me, You turn me to the Father and to the Son. You know them and what they want from me because You are them and desire what they desire. My feeble mind cannot truly fathom this relationship, but You are the one who helps illuminate the path to understanding.
                “Oh Holy Spirit, shut down my outer senses; place me in a state of darkness, in quiet and completely numb, no scents, nothing my outer senses can detect. Now take me deep within my soul the way a wave sucks you under the water and pulls you out to the depths of the ocean. Let me float in this current without struggling and with total trust. Take me to my very center. Now ignite my inner senses. May I first see Christ’s light burning brightly inside me. May I hear the symphony of love and praise being sung by multitudes of angels and souls who love and adore You dear God. May I feel the electrifying pulses of joy and ecstasy that emanate from Your great love. May I breathe in Your intoxicating scent, full of incense with hints of sweet floral tones. May my mouth be filled with the creamy delightful taste of You, like mother’s milk to a newborn babe. Oh dear Holy Spirit, with all my inner senses tuned into our precious Lord, hold me steady as I am overwhelmed to be in His presence. Oh Holy Spirit, rejoice with me as You always do. Let us share this most intimate encounter. Oh Holy Spirit, my dearest closest friend and confidant, hold me up and hear my praises of love and thanksgiving. Only You can understand the depth of my love and gratitude. Translate it for me in the best way possible for our dear Lord through His beloved Son. I love You all more than I can express.”

3 comments:

  1. "Breathe on me, Breath of God, Love and Life that make me free...Teach my heart; heal my soul...Take me to your sanctuary..."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBLneDaq8H0&feature=share

    ReplyDelete