Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Help Me to See With Your Eyes


                “Dear loving God, giver of all good things, help me to see this world through Your eyes. Help me to look at all people, faithful and unfaithful, patient and impatient, loving and cold hearted, caring and indifferent, humble and proud, grateful and ungrateful, merciful and merciless, kind and cruel, everyone on both sides of the virtues You give us. I pray for all people, that they can turn to Your blessed Sacred Heart and find the great love we all seek. May that love be a beacon, calling all people and lighting the way to You.
                “How can people turn away from You when You are all goodness and pure love? Are people so self absorbed that they can no longer turn their gaze outward and upward? Do they only look at themselves and their own selfish desires? Do they not see and understand that Your love is so far superior than anything we can conjure up and because You created us, You know us better than we know ourselves? You know what we need, what we want and what will harm us. You ardently desire to send us everything to help us develop into the beautiful creatures You designed but You gave us free will so we have to ask for Your help. Oh Lord, strike down the pride that swells in all of us, turning us away from You and making us look only at ourselves. Strike down pride, the enemy and root of all human failure. Replace pride with humility and help us to reach up to You like a young child asking to be picked up by a loving parent.
                “Lord, help me remember who created me. Help me remember that all I have came from You. All my successes come from You. Remind me also that my failures come from me but the ability to get up and try again comes from You and Your infinite mercy. Lord, join our hearts so that in communion with You, I can view this world and all those within it as You do in pure love.”

No comments:

Post a Comment