Tuesday, May 15, 2012

To My Future Spouse, Whomever You May Be


(This was written by a young woman in her 20s. It is a beautiful poem that praises chastity)

I stand before you, my friend,
Ready to give entirely.
United to you, till the end,
But, first, some things you must see.

I stand before you, your bride,
No space between you and me,
Let there be no more room to hide,
Please love even the past you can't see.

I wish that I had stayed pure,
Oh sweetest lover of mine,
But I let the lie of lust's lure
Give away what was truly thine.

God had reserved for you, my sweet,
A sacred gift beyond all measure.
But the flesh would not be beat.
Oh! How the devil is clever!

Like a thief in the night,
He took what cannot be replaced.
I gave in without a fight,
My purity, forever disgraced.

But for each of man's evil deeds,
Our heavenly Father brings good.
I could not then see the planted seeds
That brought me back to the Eternal Food.

So as the flesh of two become one,
I cannot give what I no longer keep.
But, thanks to the Mercy of the Son,
I give a heart, whose love for God is deep.

I didn't know on that dark night,
When all the world had gone,
That Mercy would give back my sight,
That the war for my heart had been won.

The war has indeed been decided,
And I have myself a new King.
My soul, to you, I've confided
Love and trust, I hope this will bring.

O, please forgive me, my love,
I've been all things unholy.
But grace rained down from above,
So I can give to you, all of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment