Sunday, March 3, 2013

May I See Your Glory in Misery


                “Dear Lord, I am so grateful today for the life You have given me. I have never known poverty, chronic illness, hunger, major injustice, political tyranny, war, religious persecution punishable by death, homelessness, theft, untimely death of a family member…Oh dear Lord, these conditions have existed all throughout time and You have placed me in a bright window, protected from such misery. Thank You for the blessed life You have given me. I pray that my sheltered life will never allow me to forget the poor, the miserable, and the suffering. May I always try to ease their pain. May I always try to bring Your shining light of love into the darkest places. Misery is a part of this earthly life; may I treat it as a gift You provide to offer us a chance to respond; a chance to share You and Your blessings with others. Misery opens the door to Your mercy and Your love. Let the misery around us be a key to open our hearts and to let You in, to let You work, to let You shine in all Your people, both in those helping and in those who need help. May I never turn away in disgust, fear, despair or, worst of all, in indifference. You have allowed misery throughout time, including now all around the world. When I see misery, may I embrace it and see Your glory in it. Thank You for this beautiful life You have so graciously given me and therefore, may I always be ready to be an instrument of Your love to all those in need.”

No comments:

Post a Comment