Sunday, March 3, 2013

Help Me Be Rid of Pride

                “Dear loving, almighty merciful God, thank You for listening to my heartfelt plea. Help me to walk the path You have laid out for me. Keep me humble so that at every turn and twist of the path, I can look up and ask You which way to go. May I never be so bold to make a choice of which way to go without first consulting You and Your wishes for me. At every intersection, may I stop and ask which way will give You the most glory? If I hastily make a choice without considering You, than I have fallen prey to the sin of pride which lies hidden deep within me, always looking for an opportunity to rise to the surface and whisper in my ear, only to disappear again within me like the stain of breath on a mirror.
                “Through sincere and humble prayer focused on You, I can try to keep my pride held in chains. Better yet, may my lifetime of prayer break apart the bond of pride and drive it out completely from my soul. When I kneel before You at the end, may the shroud of pride be gone from my soul, revealing the glowing, burning love You first placed in my heart at my conception. May that fire rise up in Your presence, engulfing us both and all those around us. May that fire be pure, bright and powerful because it was made by Your almighty creator hands.
“I am Yours Lord, truly Yours. Do with me as You will and may I never forget that I belong to You and not to myself. You are my God, not myself. You are my reason for living, not myself. Thank You for listening to my heartfelt plea.”

No comments:

Post a Comment