Monday, April 8, 2013

The Vortex


                “My Lord, my God, my awesome Creator whose genius goes so far past what we could ever comprehend, I am in awe today meditating on You. When You created Adam and Eve, You created the very flesh and form that You would ultimately choose to be conceived in and placed in Mary’s blessed womb and then grow into the person of Jesus to dwell among us. This very flesh was used to allow You among us and then to die for us so that we could dwell among You for all eternity. The incarnation, the crucifixion, the resurrection, all occurred through the very same kind of flesh that we also have. You also inspired the descendants of these original creatures of Yours to use the gifts of thought and speech to articulate in prayer the great love You embody and give to each of us. You thus inspired Your blessed creations to write the prayers that You would ultimately use to give thanks and praise to Your beloved Father. This timeless connection of Your works leaves me awestruck, trying to contemplate and understand. Your world is so big and vast and we are so small and limited by time and space.
“I see Your vast spectacular heavenly world being swirled into a vortex that spirals down into the womb of a blessed humble young maiden who simply said, ‘Let it be done to me according to Your will.’ That swirling vortex pulled Your heavenly presence into the flesh of a man through the womb of a woman. I see the swirling vortex once again, but this time, it spins in the opposite direction as Jesus Crucified breathed His last precious breath on the cross. Your heavenly world swirled back out of the body of Jesus, raising Him from the dead and then ultimately carried the resurrected Jesus Christ back to Your blessed dwelling, reuniting the Father to the Son, but also including each of us through the Holy Spirit. It is a dynamic process that will eventually place us all in Your Kingdom together.
“I thank You for allowing me to spin in that vortex through Jesus to You. My Lord, my God, I am in awe meditating on Your genius.”

No comments:

Post a Comment