Monday, April 8, 2013

Gather Your Army


“My dear Lord, my love, my life, I am here for You and all that You wish. My whole life is one long journey to find You and to be with You. Lent has been a time for all of us to search together, losing the things that block us from finding You. Lord, You have taken me by the hand on a walk through my soul. You revealed what pleases You and what does not.So now, together, let us decide what is useful and what is not. Help me discard what we don’t need – truly toss it out, not just tuck it away in some corner to be dealt with at a later date only to fester in the shadows, ready to rise up again and darken the soul. 
“Lord, help me walk with my neighbors as well. Help me love them as You do as they discover what lies in their souls. Now is the time to call together Your holy soldiers, to train for an eternal life with You. Let us train together in these current days of spiritual degradation and persecution. Let us train as a holy army, powerful because of our mutual great love for You. Place us together, as one body strengthened in faith and love for You. May this body be led by You as our head. Heal our ills and set us all to work on purifying ourselves so that this body won’t be weakened by the disease, injury or handicap of any of our souls. Then and only then can we come together and join You as one holy Catholic and apostolic Church. Our final purity, though definitely our goal, is not what will unite us, but instead, it is our desire for purity that You seek; the greater the desire for purity, the stronger the soul.
“Gather Your army of these people this Easter season. May we all willingly and joyfully enlist in this army and together, journey through our souls, hone our holy skills, increase our desire for purity, allow our love for You to be our daily guide and be thankful for this unification of purpose.”

No comments:

Post a Comment