Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I Offer You These Tiny Hands

                “My Lord, my God, I offer You these tiny hands of mine. In these tiny hands rests the many blessings You have given me. My hands hold the hands of others in a gesture of love, a conduit to pour the great love You give me to others around me. My hands hold this pen as a conduit between us to express my love for You and for You to teach me how You express Your love for me and for all Your beloved creations. You have blessed my hands with the ability to produce art, a mere representation of the beauty of Your creations. My hands hold Your sensitivity for the animals You created to be with us. Though the animals may not understand my speech, they understand my hands and sense Your love and kindness through them. My hands long to express the great love in my heart for You through all these means. My little hands also long to touch the hem of Your robe to be a conduit for Your love, mercy, power and healing touch. My little hands long to gently touch Your arm and send You all the love in my heart through that one touch. My little hands long to touch Your cheek, the way a child lovingly and simply touches his/her parents’ face, in a simple and pure gesture of love.
                “I think of Your beautiful hands, so cruelly pierced for us, yet so willingly done so for the love and obedience You showed to Your Father. My little tiny hands seem so insignificant and pale in comparison to Yours. I see my hands gently held in Yours, an angelic enveloping shrouded in grace. I see my hands melting into Yours. I see my heart and soul melting into You in that loving holy embrace. I offer You my tiny little hands, I offer You my mortal body You created, I offer You my mind that focuses all thought on adoring and contemplating You, I offer You my loving heart that You have awakened and poured in Your love,  I offer You my very soul that You created and infused with Your love and Your presence through the Holy Spirit. My Lord, My God, I offer You all of my tiny little self.”

No comments:

Post a Comment