Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Bubbling Joy

                “Lord, today I feel great joy bubbling up inside me. It’s that joy a child feels when waiting in great anticipation for something great to happen: like the day before leaving for Disneyland, climbing in bed on Christmas Eve, the last day of school. It is that bubbling happiness that fills your inner self and bursts out in exuberant squeals of joy. I sense You are joyfully coming for all of us, I sense You are near.
                “This bubbling joy comes from You, my life spring. Through the Holy Spirit, You dwell deep in my soul like a fresh water spring under a small lake or pond. You have to go deep down inside the water to feel the cool source bubbling up. Oh beloved Holy Spirit, keep the spring flowing freely throughout my soul, purifying every inch of me and effervescing out through my heart in great bubbles of love and joy. May the smile that creeps across my face be the top of the fountain, overflowing with this bubbling water of love and joy.
                “Lord, may the smile I give to others be a source of Your love to share with all Your people. May that smile be like a light that shines right into the hearts of others, illuminating Your great love for them. May that love then bubble up through their souls, filling them with Your purifying water, resulting in a fountain of joy and love that causes them to smile as well, and then to share that joy with those around them.
                “Oh dear Lord, thank You for giving us such a beautiful intense gift that we can’t really define, we can only experience and share with others. I smile now enveloped in bubbling joy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment