Thursday, April 26, 2012

Steal a Moment in Heaven


                “As I sit on the pew in front of the altar, I am so filled with joy and peace. I hear the sounds of prayer; words of love fervently sent up to You - words in Spanish, whispers in English, and the sound of silent prayer. Yes, even silent prayer has a sound - a faint presence of something on the air. It doesn’t matter what language or form the prayers take, they are united in Your love, inflamed by the Holy Spirit. It is the language of holy love.
                “Our priest said that during mass, we are in a part of heaven. I always wonder what heaven is like. Today, I felt the presence of angels, saints, holy beings gathered with us around You at the altar. I could sense the joy and love from all, praising God the Father and Jesus the Son, together with the Holy Spirit which seemed like a light illuminating the altar. I was so filled with pure joy, my heart felt like it was bursting out of my body. I could barely contain the joy.
“Oh Lord, You give me such joy. There is nothing else like it. Thank you, thank you, thank you. How could I have missed this all these years? I can hardly wait for mass tomorrow – it’s another chance to steal a moment in heaven.”

No comments:

Post a Comment