Thursday, April 26, 2012

I Long to be with You


                “Lord, what do You ask of me today? I want to do all that You ask, even if what You ask is to do nothing at all. I am so grateful that You ask. I know You have asked of me things in the past, but I didn’t hear You or I ignored You. I know You have forgiven me but thank You so much for that forgiveness and mercy. I am so blessed and so grateful.
                “I want to be one with You, in Your Trinity; one with God the Father, one with Jesus Christ the Son, and one with the Holy Spirit. Let me lose myself in You. May our thoughts and words be one. May our actions be one. May our compassion be one. May our mercy be one. May our gaze be united so that we see through the same eyes. Lord help me recognize the beauty of all You created, both in the grandiose mountains and waterfalls, and in the humble and meek insect or blade of grass which serve as food for greater creatures. May I always praise Your artistry in the colors of the flowers, the patterns on animal’s coats, the symphony of colors and shapes in the trees and bushes around us, the multitude of clouds that float in the sky, the shades of blue in the oceans and lakes as well as the greys of rocks, the browns of dirt, the whites and greys of ashes, the tans of sand, the non color of fog – all Your creations. Everything You have created is a work of art.
                “I long to be with You. Help me to remember that You are with me completely. We are united as one through the Holy Spirit. You are in me, You are around me, You are everywhere. Help me see that with Your eyes, help me feel it with Your senses. Help me feel it in our united heart. I love You Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment