Thursday, April 26, 2012

So Much Love Brought to the Altar

               I have a burning desire to “see” as God sees. I want to see whatever He wants to send to me. When I look up at the altar, I see a veil between our world and heaven. I want to pull the veil aside and peek through. What is on the other side? My heart races just thinking about it. Jesus is in the Tabernacle. I must go through Him to see what is on the other side. The glowing candlelight in the red holder gives me a sense of hope, love and warmth. A smile gently creeps upon my lips as I breathe in His presence. It’s hard to take my eyes away. I feel like a child staring at someone great. I feel anticipation and peace at the same time – a contradiction but not confusing.
                I think of all the people who have approached this altar. Did their hearts race like mine? Jesus, there is so much love which is brought to the altar and so much love that flows out from the altar, yet we can’t see it with our eyes. We can feel it with our senses but even then, not everyone can feel it. But it is there, filling them anyway. I will leave glowing with the great love that fills this Church!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment