Saturday, April 4, 2015

My Heart Aches for Those who Suffer



                “My Lord, my God, I humbly bow my head and tremble in Your presence but my heart races and my breath quickens as the love swells in my heart for You. What do You ask of me today? I have many thoughts of how to show my love for You but they are all jumbled in my brain swirling around like bees buzzing around a patch of flowers. I am not sure which way to go. Show me Your will dear Lord that I may answer with Mary’s fiat.
                “My heart aches especially for those who are suffering due to the injustices done unto them by their loved ones. Their suffering is so great and so deep in their hearts, like the way You must have felt when Judas sealed Your fate and fulfilled the prophecy by his kiss. You loved him like a brother and yet he turned on You. Yes, there was a necessary purpose for that act but that doesn’t lessen the pain of the betrayal. This must be how those who have been unjustly wronged feel. How can they forgive when the cuts are so deep?
                “Oh Lord, show them Your merciful heart. Show them how much You love everyone, unconditionally. Show them how Your sacrifice on the cross is the only true reparation that could be paid for the enormity of sin and pain that people cause. You shed Your blood, You endured torture and intense pain, You accepted ridiculous ridicule for absolutely nothing You did, but for all that everyone else did. You were completely innocent and offered only love and a message of hope for a better life for all eternity. Comfort those who are hurting, those who also offered only love and a promise to live a good life with their loved ones and yet were repaid with betrayal which tortured their hearts, causing intense emotional and physical pain and ridicule from their loved ones and even those around them. Oh dear Lord, draw these suffering souls deep into Your blessed Sacred Heart that they may feel the healing power of Your mercy.
                “May those who have hurt their loved ones also be healed through Your great mercy and love. May they also be brought deep into Your blessed Sacred Heart that they may be bathed in Your sacrificial blood and forgiven. May they feel Your love for them as You hung on the cross, Your precious blood dripping out as You shed every drop of blood for all humanity. May they recognize how they don’t deserve any mercy and yet You freely give it out of love. May that mercy cleanse them and fill them with love and a desire to reconcile with their families. May they be like Peter who, though he denied knowing You, he came back and sought forgiveness and became the rock of the Church. May they not be lost in despair at the gravity of their sins like Judas who once he turned from You, he never came back and was lost in misery and despair, ultimately ending his own life.
                “Only You have the power to heal these great wounds. Only You can help the wounded grow from their suffering. Only You can soften the hardened hearts of those who have caused so much pain. Dear Mother Mary, untie the complicated knots of the mess these people’s lives have become. Untie their knots and send them to Your Son to be healed, to be loved, to be reconciled, and to be set back on their paths to eternity. Oh dear Lord, I pray with all my heart and soul for those wounded as such. I suffer for them with You and I long to rejoice with You at their healing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment