Saturday, January 3, 2015

Holding Baby Jesus in Adoration



                “My dear loving Lord, today I think of Mary holding You as a newborn babe and how she must have been overwhelmed with love and awe, knowing that the infant in her arms was from her, yet also was from God, and was God. This complicated yet beautiful thought must have gone round and round in her mind as she gazed down upon Your face. She must have been completely filled with love and peace as You rested in her arms. Her eyes must have been locked upon You as she watched You sleep, completely at peace. I think of You opening Your eyes as You wake and the first thing You see is Mary looking back at You with all that love, peace and Joy. She greets You with a smile and a kiss and You are completely loved. That is adoration in its purest form.
                “Oh dear Lord, I pray that all people, especially myself, will be able to gaze upon You in adoration with that same look of love, joy and peace. May we also hold You in our arms and lock our loving gaze on You. There is nothing more important at that moment than to remain suspended in that love and peace. I pray that You will be able to look out upon Your people and see their faces in love and adoration with a smile and a kiss in their hearts. Dear loving Lord, may I always find the time to stop what I am doing, even if just for a moment, and hold You in my heart with that same adoration, love, peace and joy that Mary had as she held You in her arms.”

1 comment:

  1. Laurie, that is simply so beautiful...I can 'feel' & 'see' every word.

    ReplyDelete