Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sharing Your Love



                “Dear Lord, my God, my King, my Savior, I hear Your call today. My heart aches as I am separated from You. I feel choked as I breathe in at the thought of being so far away from You. Remind me that You are in me, that You love me and that You are right here with me all the time. I just need to” pick up the phone” so to speak, knowing that I will hear Your voice on the other end.
“May my prayers always be a clear line of communication to You. Sometimes, I want to scream, ‘Where are You?’ and yet I wonder how often You scream ‘Where are you?’ Forgive me dear Lord for the times I let myself get so busy that I didn’t take the time to talk to You. Remind me how much You love and adore me, how much You long to be close to me as I desire to be with You. My heart aches, my eyes fill with tears, I swallow the huge lump in my throat as I think of You.
“Lord, what do You want from me here on earth? What is it You want me to do here? At times, I feel like a caged animal just waiting for the gate to be opened so that I can run to You, no matter how far and difficult it may be to find You, and to melt into Your loving embrace. I feel incomplete without You. Open my inner senses so that I can find You in me and around me; open the gate and let me run to You here and now, not just at the gates to eternity.
“Oh dear Holy Spirit, permeate my heart and soul. Let me soak You up into every part of my body, mind and soul like a sponge. Quench my thirst, moisten my dry parched being with Your precious living water. Oh Lord, may Your pure living water nourish me and help me produce the precious fruit of love, the very fruit You created and placed in me when You first breathed life into my soul. Dear Lord, may we all be watered and nourished; may we all blossom in love, slowly opening like a rose, as we produce more and more of Your love and share it with all people everywhere throughout the world You created. Help us spread Your love, sharing it like You did when You first instituted the Eucharist with Your disciples, breaking the bread, Your body, and sharing the wine, Your precious blood, with all those around You. May we share the fruit of love, spreading it freely to those and us who are starving for it, the way food is distributed to starving people and water to those in the desert.
“Oh dear Lord, open my gates here on earth and set me free to spread Your love throughout the world. Let me run free; loose the bonds I have placed on myself and set me free. Let me run through, in, over and under every obstacle here on earth to harvest Your love and distribute this precious gift. May I ride on a magnificent horse proclaiming Your love and glory like Paul Revere when he announced ‘The British are coming’ at full speed all night on a fast horse to save his fellow countrymen. Turn me loose, set me free, let me run! I feel the wind in my hair, the power under me, and I feel the angels wings brush against me. My hands are up in the air, my head is tipped back and Your stunning blinding light of love streams down on my face as the majestic horse You send me gallops at full speed throughout this earth and I share Your love everywhere with everyone.
“Oh Lord I feel Your call today and I am so very grateful.”

No comments:

Post a Comment