Monday, September 15, 2014

Help Me to Stop Asking Why



                “Dear Lord, thank You for calling me; literally drawing me in to Your loving embrace. Thank You for joining our hearts together, bathed in the warm thick blood of Your mercy and love. Thank You for repairing my heart and reshaping it back into Your image.
                “Help me Lord to stop asking why. Help me to stop trying to fully understand something that is so far beyond me, like the multitude of stars in the universe. The stars continue to exist and exhibit their beauty with or without my understanding of them. My need to understand taps into my inclination to be in control. Not knowing requires trust and faith. I have an eternal lifetime to ponder Your wonders. For my short time here on earth, let me accept the help You send to better prepare me for a future with You. Don’t let my weaknesses and lack of understanding block the fountain of mercy and love You choose to immerse me in. Let me stand there, with an open mind, heart, body and soul as You pour Your living water throughout me, within me, and over me. Wash me clean of all the extra unnecessary garbage I have clothed myself in. Let me be reformed into the image of You, the one You created me with and help me to let go of my desire to ask why and how.
                “Dear Lord, let me look in a mirror and see Your eyes looking back at me. Let me be free to be a fountain of love like You. May my heart be filled with Your compassion. May my lips speak Your praise. May my actions reflect Your glory. My Lord, my God, may my time on earth be spent praising, reverencing and serving You.”

No comments:

Post a Comment