Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Precious Connection



                “Dear Lord, Almighty Creator, I humbly bow my head before You and ask to hear Your voice in my heart. I earnestly desire to do Your will yet sometimes, I am not sure what Your will is. At times, the crossroads on the path of life all appear to be Your will and I do not know which way to go. Dear Lord, if our wills are joined as one, then my choices will be Yours and Your choices will be mine. So how do we join our wills as one when I am but a sinful creature and You are all good, all love, all power? How do we become one?
                “We can only become one if I diminish. I must first die to myself, die to my pride, die to my self-love, die to my desires that begin with “I.” Instead, replace “I” with “the Almighty Lord wants…” and whatever follows in that sentence will be Your will, not mine. Everything I do must not benefit me directly. Any benefit I receive must be secondary to revealing Your glory. If it pleases me or not is of no consequence; what matters is if it pleases You. Whatever comes my way, whether it be pleasant or not, will bring me joy and peace because it came from You as a gift, a way to become more holy. The more holy I become, the more we become as one and our wills can be joined.
“Through the Sacred Eucharist, our bodies can be joined as one, along with all the members of Your holy Church. As part of Your body, I can feel Your Sacred Heart beat. I can feel the blood of mercy cursing through our veins, strengthening and nourishing us all. As Your body melts into mine, my body melts into Yours and we become one. I feel Your heart and Your blood flow through me, and I am joined into the network that connects to Your mind and Your thoughts. I hear Your will. I sense Your will. I feel Your will.
“Oh dear Lord, Almighty Creator, You made us to be joined as one. May I, always and forever, nurture that precious connection. May I die to myself, become more holy, and be one with You. I humbly bow my head and thank You as I listen to Your blessed Sacred Heart beat strong and steady throughout my body.”

No comments:

Post a Comment