Thursday, October 3, 2013

Standing Before You My God



                “My Lord, My God, my love, how I long to see You face to face yet how I fear to see You face to face. My love for You wells up and pours out of me like a fountain creating a stream that flows to You and draws me closer and closer to You. I can’t help myself; I must follow this stream, caught in this current of love to Your heart. Yet at the thought of actually seeing You standing in front of me, I tremble and bow my head and can’t find the courage to look up into Your eyes.
“I feel Your hand on my cheek and under my chin, gently lifting my face to Yours. I hear Your kind sweet voice saying, “My child, how I have longed for this moment as well.” “But Lord,” I cry, tears blurring my eyes and a lump choking my throat, “I am not worthy to stand here. I have failed You in so many ways.” You answer, “Yes, but every time, you turned back to me acknowledging your transgression and seeking my help and grace. Open your eyes my child, your faith has healed you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment