Thursday, October 3, 2013

Distractions



                “Oh dear Lord, I am plagued with distractions. Why do I allow myself to be so easily distracted? My mind wanders in thought, sometimes focused yet other times, chaotically bouncing from one thing to the next. My time here on earth is so short when one considers all history behind this moment and all eternity from here on out. Since I am only here on earth for so short a time, I need to focus my mind on the things that will help prepare me for eternity with You. There are many things here on earth now that are just passing fancies. They pass through pleasantly like a mild breeze on a warm day, but they just pass through and then are gone. The same goes for things that disturb me and my peace. They also just pass through and then are gone. I need to remember this and make the most out of every experience I have and in every person I meet and not cling to the thoughts of things past and of possible future events. The things You send me are in the here and now and help to shape me.
                “Help me Lord to seek You and Your teaching in everything I do and experience. Help me walk with Your hand on my shoulder throughout this life, always pointing out how something that I do or see or say can bring me closer to You and closer to the image You see of me. Walking with You throughout this life frees me to welcome all that comes to me as a way to learn about You and Your love. Help me stay focused on You and not to be distracted. All distractions are like a haze that blurs my vision of You and numbs my hearing of Your Word. Remind me always of Your great love and nothing can distract me from the joining of our hearts.”

No comments:

Post a Comment