Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Thank You for the Gift of Life


                “My Lord, my God, my Creator, today I thank You for the gift of life. I thank You for breathing life into my soul so that I could learn to be Your loving daughter. Thank You for the gifts You have graciously bestowed on me to be able to speak of our great love – the love I have for You, the love You have for me, the love I have for all Your creations and the love You have for all Your creations. You created me in an instant to live with You for all eternity and I am so grateful for that instant! My life here on earth which is measured in our concept of time is but a blink of the whole picture You created. Within that blink, I thankfully grow and develop into Your eternal daughter.
                “Dear Father in heaven, I long to be with You but I currently exist in this blink where I am not yet ready to dwell with You. I must remain here, increasing my faith, my hope and my love in You. When I sense Your presence is near, I cherish those moments and breathe in deeply the sweet incense of Your existence, taking You far into the depths of my soul. I cling to those sublime moments and like a child, I don’t want to return to my earthly life and I cry out in a child’s voice, “No, don’t make me go. I want to stay here with You!” But then You reassure me that in Your omnipresence, You are everywhere. You gently remind me to seek You in everyone around me. You tell me to go out and look for Your presence in good works for Your presence is just as strong out there.
“So I wipe my tears away and muster up the courage to continue walking in this earthly life in a blink of time. I prepare myself to recognize Your presence in the poor, the downtrodden, those mourning the sick and the dead, the fearful, the angry the depressed, the lost, as well as in the rich, the strong, the joyful, the kind, the compassionate, the holy servants, the missionaries, the evangelists and in the everyday person I encounter. I earnestly look into the eyes of those around me and search for You looking back at me. I excitedly seek the Reign of God in the actions of those around me and offer my little humble self and all I do as a piece of the masterpiece You have created in the world.
“Thank You for creating me to exist in this blink of time here on earth.”

No comments:

Post a Comment