Monday, December 17, 2012

Dear Baby Jesus, Teach Me


                 “Oh dear baby Jesus, I fall at the foot of the manger. I see Your tiny little hands, Your sparkling eyes, Your genuine smile that only a baby can give. Oh dear baby Jesus, holding infinite power, glory and might in a fragile tiny human body, helpless and completely dependent on Your dear mother Mary. You, who created everything and everyone, must now trust in the goodness of those You created to bring You into the world, to care for You, to raise You up to a healthy young man who will go out into the very world You created and preach words that some will want to hear and follow, and many will not. Your blessed mother, whom Your Father chose from the beginning, will trust in His will and will do all that she can to make it be done, even to enduring the heart piercing agony of watching her beloved son, You, that beautiful infant in the manger, grow up to be mocked, persecuted, cruelly beaten and crucified because she knows it is the will of Your Father.

                “Oh baby Jesus, teach me to be as humble and meek as You. Teach me to trust in Your Father’s will. Teach me to trust in Your beloved mother, that she will show me how to join my heart to Your beloved Sacred Heart whom I love with all my heart, mind, body and soul. Oh baby Jesus, smiling so purely with arms outstretched, may I hold You and embrace You as the precious babe full of nothing but love for each and every one of us. Oh baby Jesus, so much awesome power contained in such fragility. I kneel at the foot of Your manger, unworthy, meek and humble but with the greatest gift I have to give – the love You have given to me. I have taken it, held it close and cultivated it. I pray that it will continually grow for You and Your precious Sacred Heart. I love You dear baby Jesus.”

No comments:

Post a Comment