Monday, December 17, 2012

Baby Jesus, Keep Me Humble

                “Oh dear Lord, my God, my King, in the form of a little infant, You teach me more than anyone. You chose to reveal Yourself to us through an infant. You chose to come in the glory of the innocence and helplessness of a baby. The first impression You chose to give us of Your arrival was not in riches, glorious robes, loud trumpets and ornate displays of honor and worship; instead, it was in the quiet humility of a poor person’s birth, with nothing but the life that God the Father had granted You and the pure love of a dear mother and father chosen by God the Father. Isn’t that all we need? You give us all that we need. The rest is extra and truly unnecessary.

                “Oh baby Jesus, if only we all could remember our infancies, then maybe we would remember what to be truly grateful for and we could remember the great love that surrounds us at our entry into the world. Oh baby Jesus, all powerful and mighty, the giver of Your greatest gift – love, may that love grow in each of us; may we soak it up like a sponge and spread it everywhere to everyone. Squeeze me so that Your great love can be shared and then fill me again! Oh baby Jesus, make me humble and help me remember the things You gave me at my conception – my life and Your love.”

No comments:

Post a Comment