Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Help Me be a Part of Your Entire Creation

                “I humbly bow my head in prayer today to my Lord who masterfully orchestrates all our lives and all things within this world, not only in this time, but throughout all of history and ahead into eternity. When I realize what it means to call You the creator, then I truly marvel at how I dare to question any of the events that occur in my life. Why must I be so untrusting? Why must I hesitate? I know You love me more than I can ever truly understand, so why is it difficult for me to say thank you for every unexpected event that is laid in my path? Help me be brave. Help me trust in what is unknown to me. Help me remember that You are right here, intimately involved in every detail of my life. You are preparing me, shaping me to be the holy person You see in me, to be a clear reflection of You. I want to be close to You so why do I question the things You send to make that a reality? I can only begin to understand what Your suffering as a human must have been like as the very people You created and loved so tenderly, rejected You, jeered at You and eventually killed You in the most disrespectful way available. So if I desire to be in close communion with You, why do I question the miniscule sufferings and hardships You send my way. How else can I be close to You if I don’t experience a part of what You felt? Instead, let me embrace my crosses joyfully and thankfully. Let me enthusiastically run into the unknown desert like those following Moses. May the joy and celebration they felt on the first day of their exodus permeate my soul every day. Let me welcome change, embrace the hardships and bravely face the unknown with the vision of You leading me smiling and pointing the way to a better existence. Help me to always remember that this world and all of us in it is part of Your masterpiece creation. It is absolutely perfect because it is what You wanted. Thank You for placing me in this work of art wherever You want me to create a beautiful reality. I am but a tiny piece of Your work of art. “

No comments:

Post a Comment