Monday, May 9, 2016

Overflowing Love



                “My dear loving Lord, I lay my head on Your chest and listen to the rhythmic beat of Your Blessed Sacred Heart. As I melt into Your body, I am filled with great peace. As I breathe in Your grace and breathe out the cares of the world, I am filled with a deep satisfaction of all my senses and the longing I normally feel for You is quenched at this moment. The world and all its false promises fall away like mud washed off in the rain.
                I hear Your heart, so full of love and mercy, beating rhythmically with life-saving blood, Your blood that was shed so that all people can be with You like this, in this moment and for all eternity. My heart beats like Yours, yet I am so much less. Your blessed heart contains all the love in the universe. You created people out of that love and placed a drop of that love in all of our hearts so that it may grow and be shared with all those around us, the way a single candle can light millions of candles around it.
                Dear loving Lord, join our hearts as one so that the love in Yours will fill mine to overflowing so that I can share it with all those around me – one candle to the next. Fill Your people with love and transform the lost world in which we live. Hold me close as I lay my  head on Your chest for just one more moment until my heart is so full, it must turn to others with all that overflowing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment