Monday, June 9, 2014

Holy Spirit, Inflame our Souls



“My Lord, my God, my heavenly King, as we near Pentacost Sunday, my thoughts focus on the gift of the Holy Spirit. I don’t fully understand it, but I am very grateful for this gift You freely give to all humanity. I can’t imagine what it must have been like for Your beloved apostles and Your blessed Mother to watch You ascend to heaven. They must have been filled with emotions of awe, joy, and splendor mixed with sadness, longing, hope and a great sense of reverence. The sense of hope must have been the strongest though because that is what keeps us looking to the future and the promise of us all being together once again.
“You know the longing in our hearts and minds so You didn’t leave us as orphans, You sent the Holy Spirit, the Paraclete, the Advocate, to guide us, to shape us, to permeate our souls and to be with us at all times as we live out our lives on earth. The Holy Spirit unites us and forms us into one body, the Church, and unites us to You and through You, to the Father. The Holy Spirit inflames our souls with the great love that flows through the Trinity. My feeble mind cannot clearly define how the Holy Spirit works or what exactly it does but my burning heart longs for You through the Holy Spirit. I am enlightened and strengthened by the Holy Spirit every day as He reveals Your presence in everything I encounter.
“Oh Holy Spirit, blow through my heart and soul, open all my inner senses and inflame me with holy passion. Make us all one and may our hearts beat as one holy Catholic and apostolic Church that loves, honors and glorifies our Lord, our God, our heavenly King.”

No comments:

Post a Comment