Monday, April 14, 2014

Rejected Lover



                “Oh dear Lord, I cry out in pain and fall to my knees in anguish. How can any of us reject Your beautiful intense love? I feel Your pain at the rejection of Your beloved people - all Your people. I feel the deep stabbing pain in my heart of a person rejected by the one whom they are so deeply in love with. I am talking about the kind of love that consumes your entire being and makes every breath you take a labor because your heart is held paralyzed in anticipation of seeing that person. To be rejected by the one you love that much literally knocks the wind out of you and leaves you bleeding inside with a deep hole in your heart. Oh dear Jesus, I feel this pain in You at the rejection of Your people. And not just the obvious rejection of people who say there is no God or that they don’t need God in their lives, but also the more subtle rejection of those driven by pride to do their own will and not Yours. The pain You feel surges through me, even in response to those people who twist their good works or Your good graces into deformed damaged works for their own gain.
                “Oh Lord, You are the rejected lover who did nothing wrong; the one who continually gave His entire self for others and did everything out of love. Oh dear rejected lover, how can You pick Yourself up and continue Your walk to Calvary? Oh dear rejected lover, how can You lay Your life down, slowly, peacefully and painfully on the cross for those who refuse Your love? Oh dear rejected lover, every nail pounded through Your flesh cuts through my body and leaves me screaming out. Every single one of us has contributed and continues to contribute to each strike of the nails. Oh dear rejected lover, please have mercy on all of us, have mercy on me. I am so sorry for every rejection You have ever incurred and for every one that will occur in the future. How I long for the peace of eternity, when the nails will no longer be pounded into Your flesh and any rejection of love will cease to exist. No more pride, envy, vanity. Only love; deep love for others and most of all, the deep love for You will be the foundation and network of the eternal world. Everything and everyone will draw its very life and breath from that network of love. Oh dear rejected lover, I long for that future reconciliation for all Your people.”

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Laurie, this brought tears to my eyes and chills through my body. This writing is so very profound. I can't help but think of my husband and his lost soul...not knowing if and what he believes and the anguish that is going through him. I am lost, too, unsure of how to help without him rejecting God or me...I pray everyday for His guidance.

    ReplyDelete