Saturday, March 22, 2014

May I kneel with You in the Garden of Gethsemane?



                “Dear Lord, my God, my heavenly King, I humbly ask to hear Your voice. Dear Mother Mary, prepare me to kneel before the Lord, our Father. Jesus, show me the way. Come Holy Spirit, come; blow through my heart and soul, open the doors and windows and let the love of God shine in and throughout my very being. Open my inner senses to receive all You wish to send me.
                “Lord, take me to the Garden of Gethsemane the night You prayed so fervently. I feel the cold air. I smell the leaves of the olive trees. The flowers are just beginning to bloom, releasing their sweet fragrance in the air. Lord, I see You kneeling, face turned toward the sky, lit by the moonlight. Your tears have stained Your face and sparkle in the dim light. Your forehead has large droplets of blood that have oozed out in Your distress. My heart is breaking for You. You are alone in that moment. Your beloved disciples have fallen asleep a little way from You. It is late and has been a long day for them celebrating the Passover, yet You remain awake, praying to Your beloved Father about the events about to take place. Your agony, Your distress, Your inner conflict is like a chaotic static cloud. My heart cries out to You as You ask the Father if it is possible to let the cup pass from You, yet not as You will, but as He wills (Mt 26:39). I want to cry out to Your Father, “Please let it pass!” but of course, I am only reacting to the moment and not to the whole plan of salvation. I am like Peter who speaks at the instant from my heart. You slowly turn Your eyes to me and say, “Get behind me Satan, for you do not do the will of the Father.”
                “Oh Lord, the sting. Do not let me cling to my personal desires; they block the will of the Father. Oh Lord, forgive me, dust of the earth and handiwork of Your creation, for clinging to the pieces of the puzzle on earth that must continually move into the places You have designed. How often do I grasp at the hem of Your robe as You walk through this world? Instead, free me of my attachments and let me sweep the path for You. Use me as an instrument for the orchestration of Your great masterpiece instead of stumbling on me as an obstacle in Your way.
                “Oh Lord, You have given me much and I know You expect much of my heart in return. My heart swells with intense love for You as You turn Your gaze back to the sky in the garden. I see the angel Your Father has sent You to comfort You this night. Oh Jesus, You have show me the way to be a true disciple. I love and support You. Let me be like the angel who gently holds You, Your heads tipped toward each other. Oh thank you dear angel, you are there for comfort, not to change the plan or to talk about the horror and anxiety; instead, you are there to console, to support, to embrace, to love, to assure that the Father’s will be done and that love will triumph.
“Oh Lord, let me live my life like the angel, supporting You, loving You, helping You accomplish the Father’s will. May Your glory be seen. May Your love fill all the souls of everyone everywhere. Oh dear Lord, may I kneel with You in the Garden of Gethsemane?”

No comments:

Post a Comment