Monday, November 11, 2013

I Hear You Knock



                “Dear Lord, love of my life, I hear You knock on the door of my heart. I run to answer it, thrilled, afraid, excited, anxious, joyful yet slightly ashamed to let You in to the mess of my heart. Forgive the mess I created in here Lord. I am working on cleaning it up. Come here, sit in the seat of honor at the center of my soul and let me sit at Your feet like a child ready to listen to the most awesome words ever. Lord, my eyes well up with tears and my heart skips a beat as I look up into Your loving eyes. Your smile, Your face, it is so full of love, so warm, so gentle. Suddenly, my shame washes away as the shower of Your mercy gently rolls over me. The mess around us becomes unimportant and unnoticeable in the glowing light emanating from You and Your outstretched hands. I reach up and hold Your pure and holy hands and the warmth spreads from them through me, throughout my entire body. I am enveloped in the comforting heat of the Holy Spirit. Oh dear Lord, I thought I had so much to say but now it has all disappeared and all I can do is stare into Your intense eyes. I am listening. What do You wish to tell me?
                “You tell me, ‘My plan is perfect; trust in Me completely. My love for all of You is perfect; trust in Me. My timing is deliberate; trust in Me. My chosen people are just that, chosen by Me; trust in Me. Those who suffer, suffer for Me chosen by Me; trust in Me. Those I call from this earth, I have chosen for a perfect reason; trust in Me. Love will conquer all, there is no need for fear, doubt, anxiety; trust in Me. Love is more powerful than anything else. I created it, I command it, I choose to rule by it, I share it and it always comes from Me. All love in this world began from Me, like a tiny seed that grows into a tree and creates a dwelling place for all. I am love; trust in Me.’
                “Oh dear Lord, I feel Your love pulsing through us from Your hands to mine, throughout our bodies and throughout Your body the Church. Oh Lord, the heat is almost overwhelming, yet so comforting. The love is filling my entire soul and now emanating from me like the glow from a fire. I can’t contain it, it wants to flow back to You and to all Your creations, all the things You love I love too. Oh dear Lord, as I hold Your hands and am held captivated by Your holy gaze, I have lost all sense of time and space. I am floating in this moment suspended in this loving union.
                “I know You must go now to knock on other doors. Dear Lord, I pray for them that they will open the door as the knob lies only on their side. Oh dear Lord, speak to Your people and may they listen with open hearts, unencumbered by thoughts of not being ready to visit You or not ready to receive You as an honored guest in their souls. Oh dear Lord, I trust in You, I trust in You, I trust in You.”

2 comments:

  1. Laurie, you have put into prayer/words what has gone through my heart & soul...especially at the retreat this last weekend. Gazing at the crucifix in the chapel, I could have sworn our Lord was still breathing...I kept waiting for His last warm breath to flow over me...and I shed my tears with Him and our Blessed Mother. Thank you for writing this prayer...I know He will knock on the door of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy for you that you are listening for His call. He loves you and is drawing you close to His heart and that makes me so happy for you!! Keep listening my friend!

      Delete