Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Prune My Heart and Soul


                “Eternal Father, I lift my heart and soul up to You in prayer today. Take my heart; my broken, bruised, scarred heart into Your pierced hands of mercy. May Your skilled hands of healing, grace and creation gently rub away all the damaged parts. Like a potter with clay, reform my heart and breathe in Your precious Holy Spirit so that my heart becomes smooth, supple, pristine and alive in You.
                “Prune my soul, removing anything that would block the connection of my heart to Yours. Prune away the dead branches, the withered leaves, the bitter mummified fruit that simply drains nourishment from Your life giving force. Prune me back severely, whether through trials and sufferings or through spiritual and mental enlightenment. Help me let go of all the extra unnecessary things to which I have attached myself. Let Your beautiful light shine on the rest of me. May Your loving light penetrate every inch of my body, my mind, my heart and soul. May Your light and the blood of Your heart curse throughout my entire being and may I thus produce the flowers and fruit You originally intended for me. May they be beautiful, fragrant and delicious to You.
                “Show me how to fertilize and cultivate myself with You and Your many gifts and graces. Make my roots go deep into You, drawing every life-giving breath deep into my very essence. Keep my heart and soul healthy and pure, and may I always willingly give them to You, no matter in what state they may be. I trust Your healing hands and humbly ask You to join my heart and soul to You.”

No comments:

Post a Comment