Sunday, August 5, 2012

Prayer Symphony


                “Lord, as I sit here surrounded by people praying to You, I am humbled at how You can sort out all the sounds. There are the voices of people praying the rosary in Spanish, the sound of elderly voices asking You for help, the sounds of people serving in the sacristy cleaning up from mass, the shifting of people’s weight kneeling in the pews praying silently, the whispers of people sitting in the pews quietly praying and the sound of my pen scribbling across the paper as I write these thoughts.
                “To me, it’s a jumbled array of sounds. To You, it’s a symphony of love expressed in so many different instruments. You are the conductor behind the altar in the Tabernacle. Your hand is raised and directs the rhythm of all our prayers and expressions of love for You. I wish I could hear it like You do. To me it sounds like an orchestra warming up, all disjointed. To You, it must be a masterpiece, a beautiful symphony with connected parts in a melody that moves the soul. Maybe in eternity, we will all hear and play in this wondrous prayer symphony.”

No comments:

Post a Comment