Tuesday, May 15, 2012

You are My Everything


“Lord, You are my everything; my strength, my courage, my direction, my love, my inspiration, my goal, my ecstasy, my compliment, my supplement, my joy, my pain, my challenge, my reason for living, my reason for dying. I love You more than anything else, more than myself. Let all my desires be focused on You. Let me not seek trivial pleasures, fleeting moments of happiness, unless they come from You or from glorifying You.
                “Sweep away the chaos of sin from myself. Bathe me in Your sweet intoxicating scent of divine love. May this scent repel sin, the temptation of sin, the occasion of sin. The trivial thoughts that can lead to sin are like flies buzzing around my head. May Your intoxicating scent of love repel them. Through reconciliation, may the flies instantly drop dead around me, washed away with the healing water of Your forgiveness, like a shower. May I stand there, glistening and clean in Your holy embrace. Help me shine, inside and out. May I be transfigured like Moses when he spoke with You.
                Fulfill my heart’s desire to desire You. May all that I seek be You. You are my everything.”

No comments:

Post a Comment