Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dear Mary, Show Me How


                “Dearest Mary, mother of all, most holy and pristine, show me how to be a loyal and faithful daughter to your son. I love Him so much and want Him to be pleased with me. You know Him as only a mother can. Show me what He seeks; reveal His divine will to me through you, most sacred mother. I am but one of the multitudes your son gave to you from upon the cross. In His pain and suffering, He turned to you to take care of His flock. In His wisdom, He knew you would love us as He does. He knew that only you could be entrusted to watch over us as the loving mother you are.
                “Oh dear Mary, this world has grown so large and so complicated since your time on earth. The external things have changed tremendously but the internal hearts of all mankind are the same as they were at the time of Adam and Eve. We still struggle with pride, vanity and self love. These things continue to infect the beautiful hearts that God the Father first endowed us with.
“Oh Mary, when will we ever get it right? Show us how to live our lives like you did. Show us how to love and trust in your son as you did. Prepare our minds to understand His will and desire. Prepare our souls to be presented to your divine son. Like our mothers here on earth when we were children who laid out our clothes for us, taught us our manners, encouraged our virtues, chastised our vices; please teach us what we need to know before approaching your son. Your heart is completely joined to His, so your will is His will. By knowing you, I am sure I will understand Jesus better. Clarify my misunderstanding and help me to learn God’s will.
“Oh dear Mary, I love you for so many reasons but most of all for saying yes to the annunciation from Gabriel because in that one moment, you enabled our redemption by allowing God’s divine will to permeate all of humanity through you. Thank you, Mary, for being a loving mother to us all. Thank you, Mary, for showing us how to live our lives completely out of love for God the Father, God the son, and God the Holy Spirit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment