Thursday, December 5, 2013

Surrender



                As Advent began, I humbly asked the Lord how best to prepare for the Christmas celebration. This is what I heard.
                “Surrender. Throw your hands up and fall back into the vast abyss of the unknown; but do so with total faith in Me, Your God, Your Creator, because I love you with all my being. I created you out of love, for love, to love and to be loved; not just by Me, but by all my people. Do not doubt my love for you oh you of little faith. Trust in Me that I want you with Me forever and that I want you to be joyful and filled with peace and love. Have faith in Me . Hope in Me. Trust in Me. I am shaping you for eternal joy. Trust in my vision because I see all from start to finish of each life, of each stage in history and in the future. I see the beginning of time and I see eternity for all of us. I know how it began, how it is designed and how it will be forever. There is no need to question or doubt anything happening to you or to those around you or to the entire world.
“Surrender. Float like a leaf blowing in the wind of the Holy Spirit. I will send you up and down in that current. You may spiral, swing, hover and touch the ground only to be blown up in the air again. Do not cling to your reasoning, your intellect, your doubt, your fear. Trust in Me and let go. Free yourself to ride the current of my love for you.
                “Surrender to my teaching. It may be hard at times, but learn from my Word and you will grow. Your heart will expand and I will pour in more love. The more you learn of my Word, the more I can shape you to receive My love and then to share My love. My teaching is complete in My Word. Contemplate it, meditate on it, let it saturate your heart and soul so that you can be formed more closely into My image.
                “Surrender yourself to Me. That is all I wish for. Give me all of you and let me show you my great love. Your gift of self to Me is worth more than anything on earth. I gave myself to you completely, to each and every one of you. I gave my life for all of you so that we could all be together as one, as I am with the Father, for eternity. This is My greatest desire. Surrender so that this is also your greatest desire.”

4 comments:

  1. Did you hear me talking to my therapist? Seriously, I walked into church Monday morning and told God, "I surrender"...no lie! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone can benefit from saying, "God, I surrender!"

      Delete
  2. Laurie, that was a stupid thing for me to say...I mean the first line (though it was true, he is a former priest and I did talk to him about surrender to God). The main thing is you spoke words that I was saying in my heart...and you do it so beautifully. Thank you for all these wonderful prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think it was stupid...I think it was heartfelt awe at the power of the Holy Spirit working within both of us!

      Delete